Queen Sugar is a new drama series that airs on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
About the ShowEdit
Set in the fictional town of Saint Josephine, Louisiana, chronicles the lives and loves of the estranged Bordelon siblings: Nova Bordelon, a worldly-wise journalist and activist; Charley Bordelon West, the savvy wife and manager of a professional basketball star; and Ralph Angel Bordelon, a formerly incarcerated young father in search of redemption.
After a family tragedy, the Bordelons must navigate the triumphs and struggles of their complicated lives in order to run a struggling sugarcane farm in the Deep South. Led by acclaimed film director Ava DuVernay, who directed the first two episodes, all episodes in the series’ debut season are directed by women.
Queen Sugar is produced for OWN by Warner Horizon Television. The executive producers for Season 1 are Ava DuVernay, Melissa Carter and Oprah Winfrey. The series is based on the book by Natalie Baszile. 
- Rutina Wesley as Nova Bordelon
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner as Charley Bordelon West
- Kofi Siriboe as Ralph Angel Bordelon
- Tina Lifford as Violet Bordelon
- Omar Dorsey as Hollywood Desonier
- Dondre Whitfield as Remy Newell
- Bianca Lawson as Darla
- Timon Kyle Durrett as Davis West
- Greg Vaughan as Calvin
- Nicholas L. Ashe as Micah West
- Ethan Hutchison as Blue Bordelon
- Marycarmen Lopez as Reyna Velez